Bond Return

How to Have a Cash Bond Refunded After Removal

If you paid an Immigration bond, please see the details on your ICE bond document (Form I-352). You will need your Bond Receipt Number from this form.

Typically, once ICE cancels an immigration bonds cancelled, ICE notifies the obligor using a Form I-391 (Notice - Immigration Bond Cancelled); this notice instructs the obligor to file for a refund of the principal and any accrued interest. Although ICE makes an effort to notify obligors of their eligibility for a refund, not all refunds are claimed.

To have a cash bond returned:

  1. If you have the original bond receipt (Form I-305) and your copy of the bond contract (Form I-352), mail these documents to the address listed below.
  2. If you do not have the original receipt (Form I-305), use Form I-395 (Affidavit in Lieu of Lost Receipt of United States Immigration and Naturalization Service for Collateral Accepted as Security) and mail a notarized original to the address listed below. Include a copy of the bond contract (Form I-352) if you have it.

Please forward bond documents or questions to:

    Debt Management Center
    Attention: Bond Unit
    P.O. Box 5000
    Williston, VT 05495-5000

    Telephone: (802) 288-7600
    Facsimile: (802) 288-1226

Note on Breached Bonds:

When cash bonds are breached, ICE notifies the obligor through a Form I-323 (Notice - Immigration Bond Breached). ICE is entitled to keep the principal amount from breached bonds. However, the obligor is entitled to receive a payment of accrued interest.

For additional help, see these pages: